Skip to main content

Fall Colors.

( Written in Fall, 2007, Boise, Idaho,US)

Life looks so much better with the fall colors around. The fallen leaves make the streets look beautiful, like the pretty girl with her hair left carelessly open and the wind playing with it. The trees which make Fall beautiful, they are so exquisite. They are red, orange,yellow and lo, I see the greens too. But these arent the lush green "greens" . They are the evergreen greens, which sadly arent so beautifully green.

I suddenly felt thtat they almost spoilt the view. But they took me deep into thinking about the highs and lows of life.

There would come a time down the lane where these "full-of-life"trees would shed all the leaves and look barren and make the place look depressing. The corpses of these trees are like the low times in life. Even while they embrace death, they do celebrate. But then whn everything is cold and freezing and dead, the evergreens are still green, they still stand tall amongst all the dead trees and frozen lakes. One kind of a saintly life, no extreme happiness, no extreme sorrow.

Which of these lives would be better? I suppose a colorful life is much better and eventhough the winter buries it all under the snow, one could know for sure that spring isn't far behind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corporate Kshetra

Corporate Kshetra is a corporate satire written in the form of a multi-part series. The characters and the stories from the epic Mahabharat  are transformed and fitted into the corporate world to continue to give valuable lessons but mostly to tickle my artistic bones. Part 1:  https://deepthig.blogspot.com/2023/02/corporate-kshetra-part-1.html Part 2:  https://deepthig.blogspot.com/2023/11/corporate-kshetra-episode-2.html Part 3: Taking shape Part 4: Inception Disclaimer: This is a work of pure fiction and a figment of my imagination. Any resemblance to anyone you know is a figment of yours. Acknowledgement: And yes, very much inspired by  " The Great Indian Novel" by Shashi Tharoor which I read almost 2 decades ago  and  " The Difficulty of Being Good " by Gurcharan Das   which I read a year ago and The Mahabharat TV series on Doordarshan which I watched 30 years ago and re-watched during  Covid Lockdown.

Corporate Kshetra- Episode 1 | Context

      It is one of those major conferences that everyone goes to, in order to post on social media and show off their networking capabilities. The Corporate Guru, Vysampayna is going to be present to deliver his experiences in working with the epic story teller, Ved   Wise . Zoom links are being tested, mic and podium are being adjusted, people are already yawning and looking to get their next coffee. A rather chirpy organizer of the conference, Jay M Jay comes in and ushers in the great  Vysampayna   for the epic story telling. "It is my pleasure to welcome you all to this amazing once in a lifetime conference. Please welcome, The Corporate Guru, Vysampayna ." Applause Applause. Vysampayna takes the stage. Vy : “Such a kick to be here. By the way, Jay,  we should all pledge towards better sustainability and environment friendly practices. I noticed that the welcome drinks are given in plastic glasses . Let us be conscious about  being more sustainable in the next c

Meeting Rhett Butler.

Talked to a friend after a long time and he reminded me about an old crush of mine. I had a big crush on Rhett Butler, was head over heels for him after reading Gone with the Wind. His personality and the perfect romantic picture his masculine presence in the novel, imprinted on my mind, had blown me off my feet . As much as I hated Scarlett O ‘Hara, for her snobbishness, I liked her for her spirit. But I kept feeling that it should not have been her who should have been with Rhett!!! I hated it that a snob like Scarlett got all his attention. My crush on Rhet Butler would have been probably like Scarlett’s feeling for Ashley. (When she finally could have won Ashley, she realized that she is no more attracted to him.) Looking back, I realize how silly a feeling it was because I have come to realize that a Rhet Butler really does not exist, for his very existence will spoil his magnetism. Rhett Butler is like that complicated yet beautiful song which I had imagined myself sing a