Skip to main content

The highs and lows of love?


Below, I have copied excerpts from my personal notes ( where I used to 'blog in' my thoughts ).

This was a piece written with a sudden rush of adrenalin . Most of you could disagree with me in this but this is the very thought which passed my mind that very moment when I barfed it all out from my mind. No offense meant.

Dec 17th,2004
Love:

That divine feeling which puts you in an ecstasy of needing someone and feeling needed, your world will consist of just the two of you, being happy together, no matter what.
Enjoying pain together, no matter what.
Tasting life together, no matter what…
Complementing each other, complimenting each other,
Satisfying egos of each other, no matter what..
Loving the self more,consequently.
where you discover things like " your soul " and a mate for it!, whose existences were unknown to you till then!

A state where you have a tender heart,a soft heart..soft ONLY for the beloved.
Hard elsewhere…So hard that a person with a full view of the entity called the heart would be nothing less than confused! Its a feeling whch makes you extremely sensitive to the beloved(alone)and utterly insensitive to everything else seemingly ‘foreign’ to the heart!
I see two mutually exclusive worlds here. The feelings in one seem to have no place in the other…The thoughts in one world don’t fit in the other..The brain transforms into heart!!And problems caused by a lack of brain is deadly!! The ppl in love-the brain dead, or shall we say ppl in love tend to hate that entity called brain and kill it, gradually??

After all, what is absolute? happiness or peace? I used to think they are dependent states of mind,now I am beginning to see tht they are necessarily not.It all depends on how much of your brain you have killed and how much you are able to see..Well,if there is unhappiness around while you are in ecstasy but you never even see the unhappiness, then whats wrong? For you ,you have your world and you are happy.You never even know the unhappiness around. Is it true happiness? In a way it is..only in a way..
It is, if you are sure you will never open your eyes to see the full picture ever again..It is, if your dead brain cells never grow back. But then for the cells to never grow back, the brain has to be fully dead and tht wud mean they will never grow back, and that would also mean you re dead!But the fact is tht unless you are dead, the brain cells do grow back with time and your eyes do open at some point of time to bring you to the reality of the unhappiness dwelling around ..just to make you unhappy for all the happy times you ‘ve ever had…



Well, whatever it is, no doubt that its the best and strongest feeling given to human kind. And that there is no heart not wanting to taste the flavour of love..
So much for the power of hormones!

Dec30th,2005:


I sometimes feel, the elation which I feel when I listen to a good romantic song , which is the same in timbre as the elated feeling I have always associated with that feeling called love, is a virtual thing. I sometimes doubt the reality of the feelings I have always attributed to falling in love. .Well they have been imaginary in my life and now I feel they will always be, for probably, I had been wrong all over. The real experience of it could be totally different from my illusions.I have always thought of music as a good simulation of love… Music has a power which can compare itself to the intoxication brought about by being in love. It can make me feel elated or just happy or very sad or bitter or anything for that matter, even though there is no reason to be feeling any of these! Well, this is how you feel when you are in love, or so they say.
Once the music gets over you are back to Mother Earth with a thud! Yes, I have felt the thud, the disappointment when a song ends. Yes, I can listen to it n number of times and again, n more number of times but each time, it would be an experince different from how I felt when I listened to it, the (n-1)th time.


I have always believed in love and shall continue to do so. The above perception, dated 17thDec2004, quoted from my diary, is just my exaggerated interpretation of how people tend to renounce the rest of the world without a flinch( or with it, for flinching does not help, anyway), for their 'cause'.









Comments

Smitha said…
theres a small diff between the feeling brought abt by love n by music--when the song gets over u r brought back by a thud but u can still enjoy it the same song a few dasy later with the same fervour, mebbe even more..but with love it is quite difficult to enjoy the feeling a second time with the same intensity..esp if u had greatly enjoyed the first time u felt it..:-)

Popular posts from this blog

Corporate Kshetra

Corporate Kshetra is a corporate satire written in the form of a multi-part series. The characters and the stories from the epic Mahabharat  are transformed and fitted into the corporate world to continue to give valuable lessons but mostly to tickle my artistic bones. Part 1:  https://deepthig.blogspot.com/2023/02/corporate-kshetra-part-1.html Part 2:  https://deepthig.blogspot.com/2023/11/corporate-kshetra-episode-2.html Part 3: Taking shape Part 4: Inception Disclaimer: This is a work of pure fiction and a figment of my imagination. Any resemblance to anyone you know is a figment of yours. Acknowledgement: And yes, very much inspired by  " The Great Indian Novel" by Shashi Tharoor which I read almost 2 decades ago  and  " The Difficulty of Being Good " by Gurcharan Das   which I read a year ago and The Mahabharat TV series on Doordarshan which I watched 30 years ago and re-watched during  Covid Lockdown.

Corporate Kshetra- Episode 1 | Context

      It is one of those major conferences that everyone goes to, in order to post on social media and show off their networking capabilities. The Corporate Guru, Vysampayna is going to be present to deliver his experiences in working with the epic story teller, Ved   Wise . Zoom links are being tested, mic and podium are being adjusted, people are already yawning and looking to get their next coffee. A rather chirpy organizer of the conference, Jay M Jay comes in and ushers in the great  Vysampayna   for the epic story telling. "It is my pleasure to welcome you all to this amazing once in a lifetime conference. Please welcome, The Corporate Guru, Vysampayna ." Applause Applause. Vysampayna takes the stage. Vy : “Such a kick to be here. By the way, Jay,  we should all pledge towards better sustainability and environment friendly practices. I noticed that the welcome drinks are given in plastic glasses . Let us be conscious about  being more sustainable in the next c

Meeting Rhett Butler.

Talked to a friend after a long time and he reminded me about an old crush of mine. I had a big crush on Rhett Butler, was head over heels for him after reading Gone with the Wind. His personality and the perfect romantic picture his masculine presence in the novel, imprinted on my mind, had blown me off my feet . As much as I hated Scarlett O ‘Hara, for her snobbishness, I liked her for her spirit. But I kept feeling that it should not have been her who should have been with Rhett!!! I hated it that a snob like Scarlett got all his attention. My crush on Rhet Butler would have been probably like Scarlett’s feeling for Ashley. (When she finally could have won Ashley, she realized that she is no more attracted to him.) Looking back, I realize how silly a feeling it was because I have come to realize that a Rhet Butler really does not exist, for his very existence will spoil his magnetism. Rhett Butler is like that complicated yet beautiful song which I had imagined myself sing a